Tugendhaft, Micha (Micho)
Son of Ella and Zvi, was born in December 1910 in the city of Przemysl, the region of Galicia (then part of the Austro-Hungarian Empire). He graduated from a Polish high school and continued his studies at the University of Law in Lvov. In 1935 he immigrated to Israel as a pioneer. He worked at Kibbutz Naan in agriculture. For health reasons he retired there in 1940, and after finishing his service in Notarot he worked for a while polishing diamonds. He then worked as a Clorent at the Ziv Institute in Rehovot. In 1945 he married a wife. Micha was a member of the Haganah since his immigration. During the Second World War, he graduated cum laude with the rank of corporal and served two years as a guard. Upon his enlistment to the Israel Defense Forces, he was drafted into the “Science Corps” and was killed during an explosion on September 18, 1948. He was laid to rest at the military cemetery in Rehovot, leaving a pregnant wife and a month after his death He had a son.