Son of Bela and Zalman, was born on the 27th of Shvat 1923 in Danzig. When he was three years old, he was orphaned from his mother. In 1937 he came with his father to Israel and was educated in a children’s company in Kiryat Anavim. Family reasons forced him to emigrate shortly after to South Africa. Gideon graduated from high school in Johannesburg and was active in the Hashomer Hatzair youth movement in the city. All his years abroad he wanted to return to Israel and prepared for it by studying the profession of frames. On October 3, 1945, he returned to Israel and went to the hachshara with a group of friends. He completed his training at Kibbutz Mishmar HaEmek and joined the “Eilat” training nucleus in Netanya. The nucleus came to settle in the Shoval in the Negev, where Gideon dealt with security matters. Upon the outbreak of the War of Independence, he was attached to the “Hiyot HaNegev” unit in the Negev Brigade of the Palmach and was transferred to the “Paratroopers” Brigade of the Harel Brigade as a company medic and participated in the battles on the Jerusalem Road. Who submitted aid to a wounded member on May 12, 1948. He was transferred to Hadassah Hospital in Jerusalem, where he died of his wounds on May 16, 1948. He was buried in Sanhedria in Jerusalem. On the fifteenth of Cheshvan 5711 (15.11.1951) he was laid to rest at the military cemetery on Mount Herzl in Jerusalem. In 1998, his family published a book entitled “Or the first star from Beit Mahsir”. The book contains memoirs about him by his family and friends, as well as many pictures.