Max, son of Rachel Leah and Nathan Heller, was born in 1913 in Munich, Germany, where he joined the “Hechalutz” movement in 1933. In 1934 he went to agricultural training in Upper Silesia, where he married and immigrated to Israel in 1937. Max quickly became involved in the life of the kibbutz and was one of its diligent and dedicated workers. As a member of Haganah, he took part in all the defense operations in this area, which was subject to many attacks by the Arab gangs. On the 9th of Kislev, March 2, 1938, he set out with two friends to guard Tel-Shuk, one kilometer from the kibbutz. They were ambushed and shot dead. He left a wife and daughter. The mound where they died is called “Mitzpeh Hashlosha”, and at the top of the security tower there is a sign in memory of them.