Falk, Simha (Simchala)
Son of Hinka and Yosef, was born on 11.8.1926 in Ein Harod, grew up and studied in the Borochov and Ramat Gan neighborhoods, and later studied mechanics at the Max Payne Professional School and was a member of Hanoar Haoved and the Histadrut “In 1941, the Dan Region joined the Gadna. In 1943, he completed a training course for Gadna commanders and continued to train in his place. In 1944, he joined the Palmach and served in the company of H. Khasir and served in special positions in Kiryat Anavim, Ramat Rahel, Beit Ha’arava and Jerusalem.In 31.1.1946 he was arrested in Beit Ha’arava with four of his friends and sentenced to five years in prison for possessing weapons. When he was released in July 1947, the Palmach commander offered to stay for a while outside of every action, but he could not stand by while his friends increased their alertness and continued to operate in the reserve in his area. At the same time, he was a member of Hapoel Ramat Gan and the team’s soccer players. With the outbreak of the War of Independence he immediately returned to active duty and participated in escorting convoys to Jerusalem and battles in the Judean Hills. In March 1948 he completed a course for sports instructors and served in this position. During the first siege he was in the Negev, and from there he was sent to a course on submarines. He was ordered to stop his service in training and was sent to the command of the “burglars” division in one of the “Negev Brigade” companies. Simcha fell during the “Yoav” operation to break through to the Negev, when a barbed-wire fence broke out in the attack of our forces on Iraq Al-Manshiyya on the 16th of Tishrei, 5709 (October 16, 1948). He was buried in the winepress. On the 29th of Tishrei 5710 (29.9.1949) he was put to rest in the Nachlat Yitzhak military cemetery.