fbpx
Mizrahi, Benjamin (Benny)

Mizrahi, Benjamin (Benny)


Son of Sara and Pinchas, was born on 25.4.1928 in the city of Urfa, Turkey, and immigrated to Eretz Israel in 1940 through the Syrian border, on winding roads, between mountains and rocks, and when he reached Rishon LeZion he began to work in a glass blowing factory. He was an active member of the Ahdut Ha’avoda party and joined the Haganah, where he joined the Haganah in the factory where he worked, joined him as a member, and because of his job, he was forced to continue with it even when the War of Independence Benjamin did not accept the verdict and took up the first ranks of the Haganah, and at the outbreak of the war he served in the Givati ​​Brigade and at the beginning of January 1948 he was posted with his department in the kindergarten Yavneh On January 9, two squadrons from the department left for a tour of Gan Yavne in the area, with two pistols and two hand grenades on their side, and on the 27th of Tevet 5708 (January 9, 1948) armed Arabs saw them and opened fire at them. His body was returned the following day by the British army and on the 1 st of Shevat 5708 (12.1.1948) she was brought to Israel’s grave in the military cemetery in Rishon Letzion. On January 24, 1948, Givati ​​forces raided the village of Abu Sabira and blew up its houses.

Skip to content